Friday, December 25, 2009

Lamb with the Fam

First are the dauphinoise gratin which were made with real Swiss cheese this time. My mom made them, with my supervision or course. The lamb was a lamb loin roast which was pre-cut so it could be sliced into chops if you wanted. I marinated it in rosemary, garlic, and olive oil for about 2 hours. It was browned on all sides for about 3 minutes per side in a oven-safe cast iron pot then finished in the oven at 425 for about 15 minutes. It ended up medium with the ends slightly more done which dad wanted anyhow. It was incredibly tender and with a rich complexity drawn out by the garlic and rosemary. I had the Cono Sur Chilean Pinot Noir with it which was light bodied, but much spicier than I expected with a black pepper finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment