Saturday, April 24, 2010

Timo - perfection on a plate

Had the chance to go to my favorite Miami restaurant this week with work. Timo is a true restaurant gem that tops my Miami list by a margin wider than what would be given to Mike Tyson in a bout with a second grade school girl. The restaurant is dark so pictures were not much of a sight, but I'll do my best explaining the culinary delight that took place. To start the night (after wine of course) were two wood fired pizzas. The first had ricotta, mozzarella, provolone, and black truffles with the second having sausage and broccoli rape.

While trying not to act like a savage college freshmen over the pizzas, a true bottle of wine was ordered which was a Cocito Barbaresco Baluchin from Italy. Deciding which single entree to order was dilemma, but ended up with the lobster bolognaise with pappardelle. Zero complaints on the lobster papperdelle which is a first for me and something I'll be trying to replicate at some level. Luckily everyone was in a sharing mood so here is what else I got to try, keeping in mind each was perfection and reason to go back again every time I'm in Miami. Skirt steak, scallops with crab risotto, most tender duck I've ever had, black truffle risotto, homemade gnocci, broccoli rape, and lentils.

May not believe it, but after all this my "desert stomach" was still starving. Thank god for the separate desert compartment in our stomachs that is never effected by loads of appetizers and massive main courses. It's only fitting that my favorite Miami restaurant has my favorite desert, Macadamia Brittle and Gelato with Caramelized Bananas, Pineapple and Toasted Coconut. Not my words, but this desert is "to die for", and I wouldn't even let anyone have a single bite it's that good. Just another example of perfection on a plate. Thank you Timo for a great culinary night.


1 comment: